Monday, July 4, 2011

redrum: 204/365

I call what is supposed to be my dining room, the "red room."  My sister-in-law, visiting from Portland tonight, thought I called it "red rum," which reminds me of one of my favorite films, The Shining.  Anyway, this all may be TMI, but regardless, there is also a red lamp in this red room.  Tonight, I noticed the red and orange shadows it cast on the walls.  I've spent entirely too much time describing why I titled this such, so here it is.


Since my sil was having to hold the globe for me I asked if I could capture her face.  The way the light diffuses makes it hard to see where her face exactly begins.


The photo below, I like because the globe glass captures a different POV of her face, that isn't visible from the profile.

Are there any other big Stanley Kubrick fans out there?  If so, which film is your favorite?

2 comments:

  1. Another Kubrick fan here!

    I really like these pictures, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these. Another Kubrick fan, but no particular fave is coming to mind.

    ReplyDelete