Monday, April 4, 2011

Digging in the Dirt: 113/365

Today I started working my garden:


After harvesting the globes, I added more of my own homemade compost, vermiculite, and peat moss.  I planted tomatoes, peppers, broccoli, cabbage, lettuce and herbs.  I may also do watermelons again this year though I didn't harvest any last year.  My soil lacked sufficient calcium last year, which caused blossom rot, the drought didn't help either. But, I did rock some cucumbers!  Each garden (my 4th so far) is literally a growing experience.  

What would you like to grow?

4 comments:

  1. Lovely crop you have there -- the first globes of spring are always the most delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlie needs to visit a globe garden! They're all connected, so she could go from one to the other just before they are harvested and make her narrow escape just as the last one is picked. All the while, she will surely be wondering where she has seen that gardener's eyes before!

    This is absolutely wonderful, Amy. So fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this photo!
    I would love to plant cantaloupe, but apt living doesn't provide enough room. :o)

    ReplyDelete