Monday, February 21, 2011

Open Wide: 71/365

  So far this project has also served as a sort of a journal to my daily activities.  I rarely leave the house without a globe and keep spares in my car.  I've taken my globe to my acupuncture appointment as seen here on day three of my project, but I have to give props to my friend and fellow 365er, Wendy, who also takes her project on appointments with her, too.  I'm not sure I would have had the clams to do this, but I applaud her.

  

  Here is my friend and dental assistant, Carolina, in action at my dentist's office.  I love my dental team, even if they had to break me the news about my broken tooth during my check-up.  I have no idea when it happened, but the damn thing is broken.  I knew it felt different, but you'd think I would have felt it cracking.  Luckily, it doesn't hurt now though it will require some numbing, scraping, an inlay and possibly a root canal at my next appointments. 


I swear my teeth were bullet proof before I had kids.  But that's also the beauty of having them.  Before birthing, I would have fainted at the thought of a root canal, needles or bodily incisions, but after having a baby or two, it ain't no thing but a chicken wing.  Good thing.

6 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the tooth, that sucks! At least you got a cool ominous picture out of your visit, though. It reminds me of a Hitchcock film.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your tooth, but you're right about having babies making everything else seem much easier.

    Great shot! I'm with Meg on the Hitchcockian vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OW! Great shot, but not a fun situation.

    Clams...nyuk nyuk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep coming back to this image today. So dark and powerful. On the subject of relative pain, there have been two times since kids that I thought, "I had a baby, and this might hurt worse!" One was getting my finger slammed in a very big,very full file drawer. The other was being stung by a wasp, again in the finger.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm all talk. I went to get my blood drawn today and almost passed out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about your tooth, but the picture is great!

    ReplyDelete